• +1 647 797-0013
  • 2000, Argentia Road, Plaza No.-4, Unit-490, Mississuaga-L5N, 1W1, Ontario-Canada
  • Mon _ Sat: 9.00 to 18.00



The spouses or common-law partners of full-time students holding a valid study permit have the option to apply for an open work permit, allowing them to work in Canada. This work permit does not require a job offer for application and is typically valid for the same duration as the student’s study permit. It serves as an excellent opportunity for the accompanying spouse or partner to engage with the local community, gain valuable work experience, and supplement the family’s income. The application for the work permit can be submitted after the student and their spouse or partner arrive in Canada.

Additionally, it is possible to apply for the spouse or common-law partner’s work permit simultaneously with the initial study permit application from outside Canada. Moreover, minor children can study without a study permit at the preschool, primary, or secondary level, if they are accompanying an adult who holds a valid work or study permit in Canada.

Please be aware that Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) mandates the submission of government application processing fees for most applications.

If you are a full-time student at a public post-secondary school, private college-level school in Quebec, or a Canadian private school authorized to award degrees under provincial law (such as Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degrees) and possess a valid study permit, your spouse or common-law partner may apply for an open work permit.

Our Canadian immigration services offer various options, including Full Representation, Final Review, and Do-It-Yourself packages. If you have any inquiries, you can schedule a consultation to speak with an immigration consultant.

Go To Top
Scroll to Top